Since I've been gone for so long I'm sure I don't have many readers left (unless you took my suggestion and added me to your Google Reader so you weren't wasting your time checking every day). I used to faithfully blog 6 days a week, but life has had other plans for me lately rather than blogging. For the few of you who remain, I'm going to try to post several times a week again, and here are THREE cards and some tag for your viewing pleasure. I'd love to hear who's out there - leave me a comment if you've got the time!!
This card was the first card I have made since BEFORE Christmas. I wanted to play around with my new stamps/paper/rub-ons that I got in my pre-order from the new SU! catalog. I LOVE this paper. It is pretty in the catalog but even more gorgeous in real life! I took a close-up for fun to show the glitter that I sprinkled on top of my Crystal Effects. Makes me look like a sloppy stamper when you get this close!!! :) You'll want to click on the image to expand it and REALLY get up close. QUESTION FOR YOU: I got an e-mail saying that the coordinating colors for this Bali Breeze DSP are Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, and ROSE RED. I think it should be Purely Pomegranate, not Rose Red. Does anyone know for sure?????
Stamps: Time Well Spent
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Taken With Teal, Purely Pomegranate, Black StazOn
Paper: Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper, Textured Pumpkin Pie CS, Purely Pomegranate, Taken with Teal and Whisper White CS
Accessories: Eastern Elegance Rub-Ons, 1 3/8" square punch, Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched ribbon, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Blender Pens
Paper: Bali Breeze DSP, Taken With Teal CS
Accessories: Eastern Elegance Rub-Ons, 1 3/8" square punch
This was the last card I made today. Did I mention that it took me from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. to finish all three? With my two little children needing me all throughout the day, they were constant works in progress. Neither one of my kids let me sit down and just get these cards done. None of them were complicated. Something Sarah said about this card was REALLY cute though. When I was embossing the flowers she asked me, "Mommy, why are you putting sugar on that?" Perhaps it was because I use Ziploc sandwich containers for my EP making it look like food, or that I stamp at the kitchen table, or that it actually DOES look a lot like sugar, or all three. She sure made me laugh though.
For this card I stamped my detailed flower image on some of the Pumpkin patterned paper in the Bali Breeze collection and then stamped the solid image flower over the top of that, embossed it with Clear UF EP, and then trimmed out the flowers. They are mounted on two different heights of dimensionals and one of the flowers is flush with the base of the card. Anyway, the info on this card:
Stamps: A Beautiful Thing
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Purely Pomegranate, VersaMark
Paper: Bali Breeze DSP, Purely Pomegranate and Taken With Teal CS, Pumpkin Pie textured CS for Build-a-Brad
Accessories: Clear Ultra Fine Embossing Powder, Fire Rhinestone Brads (circle, pink), Corner Rounder punch with guide removed for scallops, Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in scallops, Build-a-Brad in Pewter, Purely Pomegranate Double-Stitched ribbon, dimensionals, hobby blade
So, I was tagged by Jennifer. Check out her blog by clicking on her name. Since it took me so long to answer the tag I'm sure everyone in blog-land has already done it. If you haven't done this tag yet, feel free to consider yourself tagged by me!
Here's what you need to do:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My "weird" answers:
1. I eat candies that have different flavors (ie. Skittles) in a certain order, from least favorite to most liked. For example, I would eat them like this: Lemon, Lime, Orange, Cherry, Grape. If there weren't even numbers, I place those at the front but add them in in the order mentioned above. So, it would go something like Lemon, Orange, Grape, Orange, Grape, Lemon, Lime, Orange, Cherry, Grape if those were the flavors I had. Sounds OCD, but I do it so that the very last taste I have in my mouth is my favorite.
2. Another OCD-sounding tidbit. I always make the price of gas that I get end in either a 5 or a 0 in the pennies spot. So, I would get $10.90 or $10.95 for example.
3. I didn't eat red meat for three years, and for the first year of the three I didn't eat any meat. I kind of don't like the idea of eating FLESH. I do like the taste of meat though.
4. The only fish I really care to eat is "fake" fish like what you get at Long John Silvers, or the fish sticks you can make at home. Gross, I know. I also like Tuna. I don't eat the aforementioned fish hardly ever and mostly ate Tuna in college.
5. I'm 1/2 Iranian and 1/4 Cuban.
6. I don't like groups that total an odd number. When I make name frames though I DO like odd numbers better than even for the number of letters in the frame. I know, another OCD trait.
7. I have lived in Colorado, Wyoming, Georgia, and Texas, all in 7 years. If you add in me living in Kentucky in the near future from Feb-Jun and Delaware after that, it will be all those places in 8 years.