***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

November 6, 2007

Happy Birthday Honey!

Today is my husband's birthday. He turns the "BIG" 30 today and thinks he's old now :) I keep telling him wait until he's 50 and then he'll feel differently - 30 will feel like it was in his teen years! I must be one of the few that doesn't really care how old I am, or others are. I don't think you have to be older to be mature, maturity is a character trait that some have and some don't, regardless of age. Anyway, above is the card I made him. I am still needing practice with pastels. The grass was much brighter than I had wanted, but oh well. Below are the cards Sarah (3 year-old) and Emma (4 (AND 1/2) year-old as she makes me say!) made him. They used the same stamp set that I did and colored and glued everything themselves. Too cute!

Stamps: Wildlife Reserve, Sanded BG, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Sahara Sand Textured CS, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chalks, Aged Copper brads (from HPH), Chocolate 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, dimensionals

Here's Sarah's beaver for Daddy - I think she chose it because it's one of the smaller images in the set and she likes little animals:

Here's Emma's "goat" for Daddy - it HAD to be PINK:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)