***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

October 10, 2009

Pumpkin having an identity crisis...

DSCN8245


Well, this little pumpkin from the Pumpkin Patch (#116499, $22.95) stamp set found in the Holiday Mini Catalog, thinks it's supposed to be a flower!  Sarah Wills made an adorable flower card for the Holiday Mini Blog Hop that I was a part of several weeks ago (see THIS post) with some other gals from Stampin' Addicts (see their link in my sidebar).  That flower stuck in my head, but the funny thing was I couldn't remember which pumpkin she had used for the petals.  Well, subliminally I must have remembered, because I used the same one ;)  I did construct the flower a little differently though, and I used the polka-dot pumpkin for the flower center. 

I went a little paper piercing crazy, but as some people have issues saying "no" to more embellishments, or layers, or whatever they keep adding and adding, paper piercing is my indulgence.  I wish I hadn't done it at the bottom of the card, but oh well. 

I hope you like it!  Have a great weekend!!

Stamps:  Pumpkin Patch, Hugs & Wishes (retired)
Paper:  Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White CS
Ink:  Basic Black, Only Orange and Rich Razzleberry classic ink
Accessories:  Scallop Edge punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1/2" Circle punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Template and Mat


 

Pumpkin Patch, #116499, $22.95

pumpkin patch

 

2 comments:

  1. What a great-looking flower, Marie! I love how you clustered the petals. Lovely color combination, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one too! I love how you punched the center from the polka dot pumpkin. And I don't think that you have too much piercing!

    Have a great day.
    M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)