***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

June 30, 2009

Flutter By Butterfly

DSCN7446



DSCN7448This card is one I made for SU!'s July contest.  The category was that of the title of this post, and it was for projects featuring....butterflies.  :)  I figured it was okay to go ahead and post it because the entries had to be received by SU! by today.  I thought I would show a little close-up of my little butterfly and her paper-pierced path.  You can click on it to see it full-size, thanks to my friend Melissa for sending me a link to a tutorial on how to do that in WordPress!!!  :)

I just LOVE Kind and Caring Thoughts, and can't get enough of it!!!  I like the sentiments, the images - all of them!  I also LOVE putting brads through the circle flower "embossed" buttons in the Designer Buttons assortments.  I first did it on THIS card I made for Lydia.  It's a "brad-in-a-button"!!!  I hadn't seen anyone else do it yet, and I made that card back in March.

What do you think? 

On a side note - I'm sorry for the lack in posting, but my little boy had some minor surgery done today.  Two separate issues were taken care of, and without a husband (he's deployed for the Air Force for a couple of more months and has been gone since April) I've just been trying to keep afloat lately and stamping has been on the back-burner.  I have some Stamps in the Mail cards to share with you, and will try to get them posted soon.

mysuppliesusedpicture

 

 

 

 

Stamps:  Flight of the Butterfly, Kind & Caring Thoughts
Paper:  Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Kraft and Whisper White CS
Ink:  Old Olive and Summer Sun classic ink, Bashful Blue and Old Olive stampin' write markers
Accessories:  Crafters’ Tool Kit (Paper-Piercing Pad, Paper-Piercing Template and Paper-Piercing Tool), Latte Designer Buttons, Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Tombow Mono Multi Adhesive

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Marie!! Hope it wins!! :-) Prayers to your little one as he recovers from surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful!! Good luck with the contest!! I hope your little boy is okay, sending big hugs and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, I love this card! It is just so pretty! I am hooked on butterflies right now so-o, I'll be casing! Tks!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper pierced trail!! Hope your DS is doing well. I have been a blogging slacker this summer and I don't have a good excuse except well, my garden is weed free?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just darling! love the pop of extra color with the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] on Stamper’s Showcase (on the SU! Demonstrator website) today.  I appreciate it!!  It was THIS card, for those of you who aren’t demonstrators.  Obviously, it didn’t win   I wish [...]

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] Well, THIS card made it to Stamper’s Showcase today (20 July) and back on the 11th of July THIScard was on there.  It’s fun to see your own creations on there, but I must admit a teeny [...]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)