***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 14, 2007

My Mom's Card and a Silly Blogthing....



Here's the card I gave my mom for Mother's Day. I'm rather proud of it. The first picture better displays the CB embossed, PearlEx'ed layer and the 2nd picture better shows the embossing on the buttons but makes my Very Vanilla CS look White. I embossed on the buttons with the Little Pieces stamps and part of a stamp in the Seeing Spots stamp set (middle button). I also tried my best to VersaMark and apply PearlEx to the CB embossed layer. The PearlEx was hard to keep off of areas I didn't want it to stick to - probably because I applied it with a brush instead of a dauber. I'm one of those stingy stampers and I feel like the daubers "suck up" the PearlEx and a brush doesn't do that. LOL

A tip for getting PearlEx off of unwanted spaces is to take a piece of Swiffer cloth (yes, the stuff that you attach to one of their broom things) and wipe it off. Keri Sereika gave me this tip at her house one time and it works wonderfully.

Anyway, on the embossed layer it was hard not to Swiffer-off parts I WANTED it on since they were raised and got the brunt of the Swiffering. Like how I turned that into a word/verb? :) So, here's the recipe for the card:

Stamp Sets: Little Pieces, Seeing Spots, Big Blooms, Curvy Verses, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Card Stock: Ruby Red, Really Rust, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla
Ink: Ruby Red, Elegant Eggplant, Really Rust, Old Olive, VersaMark
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Olive Grosgrain, Assorted SU! buttons, Assorted SU! embossing powders, CB Textile Texture embossing folder, Big Shot, sponges (I sponged the Really Rust tab so that it stood out a little from the Really Rust layer behind it)

Lastly....
What kind of candy bar are you? I'm a:

Snickers

Nutty and gooey - you always satisfy.

6 comments:

  1. You Mother's Day card is EXQUISITE and FUN. EXCELLENT job.I'm a Butterfinger candy bar..."They call me sticky fingers for a reason", LOL & TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamp your Heart OutMay 14, 2007, 4:00:00 PM

    I love the embossing detail on the buttons and on the paper. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Mother's day card! It's gorgeous.I did you blog thingie and I was a gummy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just discovered your blog...some fantastic stuff here and I absolutely adore this card...what a fab way to use Pearl ex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer NellenbackMay 18, 2007, 8:25:00 AM

    I love how you made this card! It is super cute! I love the embellishments that you used. You are very creative! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Mother's Day card - very creative - I love embossing on buttons - I only used clear on clear buttons - time to step out of the box!!! http://celebrationmoments.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)