***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

May 28, 2007

First of 10 cards....

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

Today I will post the first of 10 cards that I made for someone who "bought" them at a service auction we had at our church. She only specified that they be Thank You cards, so I decided to use my brand new Natural Beauty stamp set since it's retiring only 2 months after I finally broke down and got it. I LOVE this stamp set and will be keeping it. I just wish I had gotten it sooner. Eight of the cards are done with the flower blossoms stamp, and then I decided that just in case she got sick of it, I would do the last two with the butterfly stamp. We'll start with one of the flower cards.

This card is not the normal color combo for me. I hardly ever use my Yo Yo Yellow CS, but I wanted her to have at least one bright card - none of the other 9 are quite this bright - so there would be a variety. I felt like the Yo Yo Yellow strip that is horizontal on the card, behind the stamped image, maybe needed some texture, but I drew a blank so I left it blank. I'm trying to keep the lines and layouts of all of her cards fairly simple so that hopefully each one has an elegant feel to it. For this card, I used my Prismacolor Pencils, some baby oil and a blending stump to do the coloring of the main image. Nothing too complicated. It was inspired by this card by fellow SCS'er lacyquilter.

Stamps: Natural Beauty, Small Script
Card Stock: Yo Yo Yellow, Taken With Teal, Cool Caribbean, Whisper White
Ink: Black StazOn, Taken with Teal
Accessories: Black Brads, Ticket Corner punch, Prismacolor Pencils, Baby Oil, Blending Stump

I hope you like it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card and the colors you used. It's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the colors and layout, TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)