***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

June 18, 2007

"Prototype" for Baby Announcement

I'm sure none of our family or friends care nearly as much as I do about what my baby announcements look like, but here is the first idea I came up with. It is a card that was inspired by the fact that I didn't want people to be able to throw away the card (insert evil grin) to keep the picture, unless they cut it up. Also, it uses elements from two cards that I really liked on SCS. The first is one by Stampinholic. I really like the colors that were used, and the use of the Dotted BG stamp. I thought the little tag was great and I liked having the ribbon tied right through the middle. The 2nd card from which I drew inspiration was one by lleonard, and I liked how she stamped the Canvas BG at the top of her pull-out card inside the pocket card. Each of these ladies actually CASE'd someone else in making their cards, so I thank those individuals too!

The outside of the card:


The entire inside view of the card:


The top half of the inside of the card:


The bottom half (this is where the picture will go, GLUED in except maybe for my parent's copy) so that hopefully more people will actually keep the cards I worked so hard on. I'm thinking that they can just "display" them on their fridges open so that the info and the picture show.


The things I'm going to work on are getting that Canvas BG to stamp more to the bottom of it's half of the card. I want to make sure the words "sweet" and "baby" are more centered on the tab and I will stamp the Curvy Verses sentiment on the outside a little lower on the rest of them. Other than those changes, I think it will pretty much stay this way. I wanted Chocolate Chip CS on there somewhere, but didn't want to make the card too "dark" so I didn't end up using it. I still kind of want to though.... :) It's nothing too too complicated, but it will take quite a while to make them all. Let me know what you think!

Stamp Sets: Bundle of Joy (Spring Mini catalog), Curvy Verses, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Canvas BG, Dotted BG, Word on Word (2007-2008 Hostess Level II set - preview)
Card Stock: So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Brown StazOn, Ballet Blue, Chocolate Chip and So Saffron classic inks
Accessories: Blender Pens, Vintage brads, Round Tab punch, Chocolate double-stitched grosgrain from Michaels

7 comments:

  1. Very cute!! Lots of work but sooo worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Mine were fairly simple compared to this but I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very cute card. I love all the little touches you incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...looks like TOO much work IMO! ;-) I made birth announcements for my niece that were simple but turned out really nice. I had my SIL stamp her feet prints (with pink ink). I copy/pasted that so I got four sets to a page. Then I printed a poem and the stats on vellum. And the vellum was attached over the footprints with eyelets. So it was more like a layered postcard. Pink 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 then white (with the footprints) and then the vellum on top the same size as the white. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle SkillicornJun 20, 2007, 6:21:00 AM

    So cute! I got this set to make announcements for a friend, as well... may have to *steal* your stolen card... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)