***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

September 11, 2010

FTL106 - With Ribbon

Well, first I must say that this "followers" thing is kind of fun.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, see THIS post.  Now I just have to figure out where I want you to "follow" me to ;)  I'm wondering - do you get updates of new posts like in Google Reader or some other kind of subscription method when you "follow" a blog?  Do I want to start doing it, instead of subscribing to your blogs via Google Reader?  Shari's comment on my post makes me think that following doesn't really give you any kind of notifications.  If that's so, why follow?  Enlighten me.... :)

On to the card...As soon as I saw THIS sketch over at clean&simple stamping, I knew I wanted that horizontal piece of the LO to be a piece of large ribbon.  I feel like this card pretty much turned out how I wanted it to, and I used the SU! Color Coach to come up with the combo off of the Basic Black card of {Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive}.  Isn't it a great combo?!?!  I used Crumb Cake as my neutral.  Boy oh boy does Crumb Cake have a lot of fibers in it!!  Take a close-up look at the card and you'll see what I mean.  I love it!!


Well, I hope that you are having a fantastic weekend, and I certainly appreciate you stopping by to visit my blog. Take care!!


All items used are SU!

Stamps:  Punch Potpourri (Level 1 Hostess), Occasional Quotes (Level 3 Hostess)
Ink:  Black StazOn, Old Olive Classic Ink
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White CS
Accessories:  Butterfly Extra-Large and Corner Rounder punch, Basic Black 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Black Brads (from Neutrals assortment), Daffodil Delight flower Designer Button (from Brights assortment), Stampin' Dimensionals, Clear-Mount Blocks

2 comments:

  1. First. I love this use of wide ribbon, since I can't ever seem to do anything ELSE with it!

    Second, I also added the Followers gadget to my blog, and it numbers are rising! I've always said I didn't really care about the numbers, but if it helps people follow me, I can do it for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your followers list is growing! Mine has stalled out. I just can't keep up the mojo with my blog like you. (Once again... SUPER WOMAN!) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)