***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

August 17, 2010

With Sympathy...

This isn't a traditional sympathy card, but I really liked that phrase that was in the Occasional Quotes (Hostess Level 3) stamp set. My husband's cousin recently lost her 4-year-old son in a tragic drowning accident. I wanted to send her a note to let her know that she and her family are in our prayers. I wasn't able to attend the funeral, but have heard from family members that the mother spoke at her son's funeral, and that she has shown such faith and a testimony in her Savior and Heavenly Father that everyone is comforted to know that even in such grief, she is strong and has the knowledge of the loving arms wrapped around her by her Father in heaven. I can't even imagine what she is going through. My own children are 7, 6 (well, in 2 weeks anyway!) and 3. I just can't imagine.....

I decorated the inside with a VERY subdued image that perhaps you can get the idea of in the picture below. I was inspired by a card on Stampin' Connection made by Ilina Crouse where she made her own interpretation of a card that SU! Convention 2010 participants got to make.

All items are SU!

Stamps: Just Believe, Occasional Quotes (Hostess Level 3)
Paper: Concord Crush, Old Olive and Whisper White CS
Ink: Concord Crush Stampin' Write Marker, Old Olive classic ink
Accessories: Clear-Mount Blocks, Concord Crush 1/2" Stitched-Poly ribbon, Basic Pearl Jewels, Paper Piercing tool, template and mat

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, Marie. This Sympathy card is beautiful in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful, Marie. So sorry to hear about the tragic loss in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Marie, this must be a very hard time for your family and I hope that you will all be comforted. This card is beautiful and will make her smile.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you have some time to stamp (and post)!! This is beautiful and such a display of how much you care. I'm sorry for the sorrow your whole family must be feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)