***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

August 28, 2010

FTL 104 #2

I made this card back on the 20th along with the card you saw in my last post (hey, I have to stretch out my posts if I want to appear to be a regular blogger!! ;)  LOL), and after making that first card I had the desire to make the spot where the bow is in the sketch to be a torn paper flower. I've done them in the past with good success in making the flowers but not the best success at utilizing them on the card. I am pleased with how this one turned out. For once, I had to stop myself though. I was going to add some Dazzling Diamonds to all of the rough edges on the petals. I think it would have looked pretty, but maybe a bit much. I settled with just the bling (I LOVE THE SELF-ADHESIVE JEWELS THAT SU! HAS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in the center of the flower. This card also uses the FTL 104 sketch, found HERE.

All items used are SU!

Stamps: Because I Care (Level 1 Hostess)
Paper: Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White CS, Greenhouse Gala DSP
Ink: Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink
Accessories: Basic Rhinestone Jewels, 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon, White Thread, Janome Sew Mini, Clear-Mount Block

2 comments:

  1. Found you on SC!
    Oh my word, this card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Why oh why didn't I order that DSP?!! Ugh..now I really want it, so I can CASE you! :) tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)