***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

December 17, 2007

News From SU! That Demos Might Want to Know

If you're a SU! demonstrator, you might have seen this on the SU! website today. If not, here it is, followed by an address to which you can send sympathy cards. Someone on SCS called Demonstrator Support and asked where to send them. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose your mother, and I'm sure we all would agree that at this time of year when so many gather together and celebrate the season it is probably even more difficult. It is good to know that Shelli's mother doesn't suffer anymore and is, as Shelli says, in a happier, better place.

A Message from Shelli
December 17, 2007

It is with great emotion that I write to you, and I hope you will forgive me for the personal nature of this message, but I wanted you to hear this news from me. Last night (Sunday, December 16), my Mom Heather died peacefully in the Kanab Hospital as a result of a liver disease. She has had this disease for years, but it had been dormant until the last few months. Last Sunday, she went to the hospital in severe pain, and on Friday, she started Hospice care. Even so, we weren't expecting her to go so quickly.

My two sisters and my brother and I gathered in Kanab on Saturday to spend some time with her. I was surprised at how quickly she had deteriorated, and we knew her death was imminent at that point. She entered the hospital late last night, and my sisters and I, along with her husband, Paul, were by her side when she died.

While this is an extremely difficult time for me, I am so thankful for my mother. She has been and will continue to be an incredible inspiration to me, both personally and professionally. Her creativity has been a part of Stampin' Up! from the beginning, her work has been featured in our Idea Books & Catalogs for years, and her support and encouragement have been invaluable. I will miss her dearly, but I know I will see her again, and in the meantime, I know she is in a happier, better place.

Mom Heather was simple and private. At her request, we will be holding a small, family-only service later this week. During this time I draw great support and comfort from my Stampin' Up! family, and I thank you for being there for me in so many ways. I wish you a heartfelt peaceful holiday and encourage you to spend a few meaningful moments during the coming days with your loved ones.


If you're interested in sending a card to Shelli:

Originally Posted by whoopsie daisy View Post
I just called and support said to send it to

Shelli Gardner
P.O. Box 550
Riverton, UT 84065

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)