***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 26, 2011

Hello!


I just wanted to update everyone.  I have been in Kentucky since the beginning of February.  I am working part-time at the school that my children attend and was offered a full-time teaching position there beginning the 2012-2013 school year with the stipulation that I attend AMI Montessori training (in Cleveland, OH) during the 2011-2012 school year.

Our house that we are building is DONE and we close THIS FRIDAY!!!  I will try to share a few more pictures in the near future (once the sod is put in - it has been rainy, rainy, and some more rainy - with tornado warnings mixed in - over the last several weeks, so they can't grade the lot and put the sod down) when the house really looks pretty.  The picture above is of one of my favorite parts of the house - my tub.  The picture was taken back on the 4th of March when the drywall wasn't even up yet.  You will be amazed at how quickly they built the house, and I am so happy with how it looks!!!  :)  The picture below is one of the house in progress from across the pond (which is the view out the front of the house). 

I really hope to do some stamping sometime after school lets out in May and I'm able to get most of the house unpacked.

My husband has been off at training in two different states since February, we've seen him for about 10 days since he left then, and he will deploy as soon as he finishes up there sometime (we think - weather dependent) in May for 6-9 months.  I've done everything in relation to the house by myself, and now get to move us all the way across town into it by myself.  So, can you tell that things are a bit crazy?!?!  This isn't even everything that has happened - I didn't even tell you that I had some of my husband's family here to visit and they stayed in our tiny 2-bedroom (the third is completely filled with storage) house that is meant for a couple with no children!!!  Or maybe I did just tell you, but there has still been so much more that has been going on ;)

Some ways I am grateful for having moved to Kentucky are that my three children LOVE their school, I'm close to family, I get to live in my hometown - a place I love and am comfortable.  I just am not the type to ask for help, so I know it's partly my fault if I am super-stressed.

Life is hard, but it is good.  I thank each of you that follows my blog - it means a lot to know that some of you care enough to want to know when I get back to blogging.  I will also try to be a better blog-visitor myself once school is out.

Take care!!!!  :)

8 comments:

  1. Can I come take a bath at your house? No? Is that weird??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from you, Marie! I hope with building a new house, it's a safe assumption that you won't be moving again for a while. Great news that you're in your hometown with a supportive church family, a job, etc. You'll get through your husband's deployment. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to hear from you Marie! Your house looks lovely and I am sure your family will fill it with lots of love. Look forward to seeing some of your creations soon.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Love the house, love the tub, and I love Montessori!!! What an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's finally done! That is fantastic. Wishing you the best with the move. I don't mind volunteering my parents if you need some extra hands:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. Missed your blog updates! Take care, Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear all is well! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh amazing blog!!! I am glad to hear from you, Marie!!! Your house is quite clean and other images etc. look awesome.
    I would like to learn more from you and hope to find your creation in near future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)