***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

March 11, 2009

2nd Swap Card

DSCN6165



Can you tell which two sets are my favorites from the new catalog?  It would have to be Trendy Trees, and this one.  Friends 24-7 is such a versatile stamp set - you don't have to just use it for "friend" cards.  I was super happy with how this card turned out.  My only regret was that I didn't have any Very Vanilla or Chocolate Chip buttons from the Designer Button assortment called Latte.  The reason I regret it is that after assembling my card, I realized I used RETIRED buttons!!  I told you I didn't pay much attention to the retiring list this last time around.  I prefer the Pale Plum buttons, but a Very Vanilla or Chocolate Chip larger round buttons would have looked great too.  Oh well, the ladies in the Great Swaps Girls group were very understanding and I'm so thankful that they didn't mind my oops.  It's hare dot tell, but the die-cut tag and ribbon are both Very Vanilla - not Whisper White.

I hope you like it!

All supplies are SU! unless otherwise noted.

Stamps:  Friends 24-7, A Little Birthday Cheer
Paper:  Pale Plum, Basic Black, Kraft and Very Vanilla CS
Ink:  Basic Black classic ink
Accessories:  Big Shot, SU! "Lots of Tags" sizzlit die, Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, Pale Plum button (retired), Linen Thread, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig

8 comments:

  1. LOVE it! great combo on the colors (will be using this myself) and love the classic design with the damask image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, i've been looking at that die cuz i've wanted to use it for this exact purpose! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that paper!!! Or is it stamped? Doh! Stamped! Even better! You did it like a pro! I love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOw! This is gorgeous! Plum never looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! So classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] Stamps in the Mail kit.  I really love using the Damask image to make a background, like I did in THIS card for my Great Swaps Girls swap.  I used THIS sketch, from Splitcoast Stampers.  It was SC224 [...]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making Stampers' Showcase, Marie! The card looks great with the Kraft corduroy button!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love it! It's spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)