***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 25, 2011

Friends...

I made this card and one you'll see in a few days that has just a small color variation for two of my dear friends here in Dover.  Shelly, to answer your question, I'm moving to my hometown - Lexington, KY.  As most of you all are aware I am leaving Dover for there on January 31st, and while I hate goodbyes I am grateful to be able to say them.  It would be sad to leave somewhere and not have those special friends in your life that you have to say goodbye to.  Some people look at us military folk and say (to my face - literally, I've had someone say this), "you're ONLY going to be here for four years?  That's not long enough to bother getting to know you."  Seriously.  How sad.  While it's no fun to have to say goodbye to friends, those years, months, or even DAYS that you got to know someone and become a part of each other's lives is worth the pain of a goodbye to me.  So....this card is for my friend Jen, and I'll show you Debbie's in a few days ;)  This card is based off of THIS card I showed you previously.  Have a great week!


Stamps: Friends Never Fade
Inks: Daffodil Delight and Concord Crush classic ink
Papers: Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush and Whisper White Card Stock
Accessories: Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Jewels - Basic Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. CUTE! And I would NEVER say "only 4 years". How rude! I would say, "Thank you for all you do for the rest of us, and I GET to know you for 4 whole years." xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)