***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

February 18, 2010

If you were in the SAB/Occasions Mini swap with me....

and you want to be surprised, well, then stop reading or delete this message!!!  ;)  Do whatever you need to do for however you are viewing it to NOT see the picture that I will try to put low enough in this post that it won't show when this first opens on your screen.  If you don't like surprises, or just plain don't care if it's a surprise or not, then continue on, by all means.  Of course, if you weren't in the swap with me I hope you will continue on as well ;)

Before I get into the details of the card, and then the actual picture, I thought I would remind you that this weekend, beginning at 12 pm EST on Saturday, February 20th, Stampin' Addicts will be having a blog hop with 25 fabulous stops to celebrate it's first birthday!!  The theme is birthdays, and you will be amazed to see everything from cards, to 3-D items, and all kinds of things created by My Digital Studio (MDS).  Paper crafters will not be disappointed after visiting all of the stops because there will be something for every style, and for many different paper crafting niches.  I hope to see you back here on Saturday!!! :)

Now, on to my card.  I'll post the recipe first.

Stamps:  Vintage Vogue (2010 Occasions Mini Catalog)   Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Whisper White CS   Ink:  Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive Classic Ink and Stampin' Up! Markers   Accessories:  Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

***I used the Clear-Mount Vintage Vogue stamp set, and it GREATLY helped with getting the word "friends" stamped where I wanted it.  The leaves beneath the "F" are Old Olive stamped off once to make them a shade lighter.***

7 comments:

  1. How pretty!! Love the way it looks like a fancy monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, this is such a pretty card. I love the colors and your layout! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card alot! This stamp set would make a great SIM. WINK WINK!!! Alta R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to the Blog Hop...if all the cards are as pretty as this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Marie, I am so excited to get one all to myself. You do such a wonderful job.
    Hope you have a great day!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Marie! Great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)