***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

April 17, 2007

Butterfly Kisses Swap

My father-in-law stopped in for an over-night visit last night so I was a little too busy yesterday to post anything. To make up for it I'll post two pictures today. :) First, this is a picture of the blog candy that Nancy won. It should be well on its way to Canada and her mailbox by now, and I'm sure she'll be getting it soon. I hope she has fun with it!! She's getting 28 pieces of 6 x 6 patterned paper, 4 selections of ribbon/trim, an alterable frame, 15 pieces of CS that have been embossed with 5 different Cuttle Bug A2 Embossing Folders, 7 sets of Cuttle Bug die-cuts, AND the stamp set Doodle That!!! It doesn't look like much in the picture, but that's because I didn't spread out all of the paper, CS and dies. I tried to coordinate some of the embossed CS with the patterned paper, but my main desire was to give her lots of different colors of items to play with. You never know what supplies someone already has to work with. Hope you enjoy it Nancy!!

This card is one that I made for a swap I'm in. It's a full-card swap, but we only had to make 5 + 1. I'm really enjoying this stamp set made by Papertrey Ink. It's so versatile, and I hope that my 2nd swap card shows that - I didn't use the butterfly images at all. I'll show you that one tomorrow ;) Anyway, for this card I used Marigold Morning, Whisper White, Basic Black and Kraft CS. I used Marigold Morning ink, Black StazOn, and a white Signo gel pen. I also used my corner rounder punch to make the scalloped edge - a technique I'm still working on! :) Lastly, I used some black organdy ribbon that I got from Wal-Mart with polka-dots. I tried to tie in the dots in the butterfly with the ribbon and the dots on the scalloped edges. These are not usual colors for me, but I wanted something bright and happy for a birthday card. I hope the ladies in the swap like them!

7 comments:

  1. HOLY COW! I get all of that???!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Nancy. Marie, I'm sure she'll love it - it's great blog candy. Great butterfly card. I especially like the scalloped edge with the ribbon. I love your blog and try to visit everyday. Thanks for sharing your talent and love of stamping with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL colors and card! I love the way you tied everything together. You are truly a gifted artist. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really wonderful! Love your layout and the touches of black with the marigold are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! What a wonderful package of stampin stuff for Nancy ;o) Congrats Nancy ;o) -- well deserved!!Love your card Marie -- I really like the colors you chose and the layout .... sooo cool!!TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your wonderful butterfly cards. Love the simplicity of them...don't know why I can't do simple. They are gorgeous...I'm gonna try one some time. Wish I had that set though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, I love what you are doing with Butterfly Kisses! The colors, the scalloping, the layout--they all work beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)