***Please note that after switching from several different hosts before settling on Blogger, the formatting of my pictures may not be as it was originally intended. I simply don't have the time to go back through years of posts in order to fix the orientation of the pictures. Sometimes a picture just shows a box of text in its place, but clicking on it will allow you to see the picture. Others, there may be no picture at all. I apologize.***

January 26, 2007

Baby Shower Thank You Notes

Well, my whole house is sick now. Thank goodness Mommy and Daddy didn't get the full-blown version of what the girls have. They're on the tail-end of it, and are still not sleeping well due to the congestion, but at least that's all that they are suffering from now. Peter and I both got the major congestion. He's gotten headaches from being so stuffed up, and I haven't been able to taste since Tuesday and today I finally tasted a little of some spaghetti we ate for dinner. I sure hope I can taste by tomorrow because I organized one of my "Ladies Time Out" outings, and we're going to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in town. We have a whole 5 or so to choose from!!! If it's dinner-time, there's less because two of the good places to eat are a cafe-style eatery, so they aren't open at dinner. Anyway, I just hope I can enjoy my meal!!! Not being able to take any medicine (except Sudafed which DOESN'T WORK for me) when you're pregnant sure feels like it prolongs the illness.

On to my card(s). I have a sweet friend that's having her 2nd child soon. She has a little boy and is expecting a girl and her baby shower is tomorrow. I am giving her a cute little dress and some onesies for the baby, and then a dozen thank you notes to use after the shower. I would have given her a name frame instead of the clothes, but her and her husband don't tell anyone the name of their kids until they're born (of course). I didn't feel like doing a "word" frame. With my stamp camp last night taking up a lot of my time this last week (it went really well!), I thought I would do a simple one layer card. Well, my version of simple looks that way but it took a LONG TIME to make the cards. This is because I decided to color them in. As you may notice there are 3 cards that are darker in color than the rest. One of them (the one that looks kind of "Perfect Plum" on the body of the bunny) is just the result of using the darkest Soft Subtle color. The other two were the first two I did and I was using my watercolor pencils and then my blender pen to paint over it and that just took way too long and wasn't as "baby-card" looking as I wanted. So, I switched to using my blender pen and pastels to color the rest. I hope that Cami likes them, and hopefully the simplicity is okay. I really like the look of single-layer cards and am glad I saw this thread on SCS where there was a call for one-layer Christmas cards, because I might have never thought to do them! The cards posted to that thread are amazing (not all Christmas-themed) SCS Technique Lovers Challenge #77 (TLC77) also featured the "no layering" idea and I love the cards posted there as well. Simple CAN be better!!! Enjoy!




***After looking at these cards more and more, I'm going to add some pink organdy to them between the stamped greeting and the stamped image. These cards feature a top fold (the folded edge is at the top) so the ribbon will easily go around inbetween where I stamped. If I remember I'll post a picture after I do it.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer NellenbackJan 26, 2007, 7:36:00 PM

    Sorry to hear about you being sick (along with all of your family). I love the shower cards, they are adorable!!! Hope you all get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your friend will LOVE the cards! I think the added ribbon is the perfect touch...especially on a girly card. How are you planning on packaging them to give? Have you seen the card holders that are made out of a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 and it folds up into a box? You'd probably have to make 2 or 3 though to house 12 cards. Or if you want to go for professional looking you could probably get a clear box at clearbags.com. Jane (troopersma on SCS)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I appreciate it and thank you for adding a little sunshine to my day.

Marie :)